Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Behold!

After two months of takeout, delivery and hotel breakfast buffets, it begins.


Click photos to en-curry-nate
For someone who's not particularly culinarily inclined, this cooking thing is remarkably addicting. There's more than little mad scientist feel to it. My first attempt at curry rice was a bit underwhelming, most likely because I tried to do too many things at once and used water instead of stock as the base for the curry. I used vegetable broth the second time around and added apples (Fuji, of course) to the potatoes, onions, carrots, peas and garlic for an extra bit of flavor. A bit of Bulldog Sauce helped, too. That's two days and four meals worth of food for a couple hours' effort. I probably came out ahead cost-wise, too.

For my next trick, I'll be making macaroni and cheese -- in my rice cooker. (Dun-dun-DUNNNN!)

No comments:

Post a Comment