Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Christmas, with a twist

I've been known to enjoy a Christmas song or two. Even though I'm not particularly given to sentimentality, in the past the right song has, on occasion, stirred up some dust in the room.

Still, if you really want to beat a path to my heart, you have to make it weird. That's why I was so delighted when the H.P. Lovecraft Historical Society came out with "An Ancient and Abhorrent Solstice", their collection of seasonal carols with a Lovecraftian bent. Now, I may have a new holiday favorite in Norm Sherman's stirring rendition of "'Twas the Night Before Christmas", done in his inimitable, darkly comedic style. You can find it on the latest edition of the Drabblecast, which includes a Christmasy story featuring the world's most successful cryptozoologist, or you can just listen below.

No comments:

Post a Comment