Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Quote of the Year

We're less than a week into 2011, but this will be hard to top. This from Ben Olsen, via Steve Goff:
"Yesterday, I come to work, first day, a new year, optimism, I walk in, and who greets me in the hallway?" D.C. United's newly appointed head coach said Tuesday at RFK Stadium. "A cockroach, the biggest one I've ever seen. He wasn't moving for me. He looked me dead in the eyes and was like, 'Look, I am not moving.' So I said, 'Good morning, Happy New Year,' and walked by. He tipped his hat to me. He was hung over from New Year's. He had the little horn in his mouth and the party hat."
That sounds like the RFK I know and love. It's not the sexiest, most modern stadium you'll ever find, but it has plenty of character and history within its walls. I can't blame DC United for wanting to move out and find its own digs, though, so hopefully they'll find a good home somewhere close to DC and do right by all the fervent support that's carried the club since its inception.
"I do love it here, I really do," Olsen said, trying not to burst into laughter -- or perhaps tears. "It's always something. It's great. It's our RFK."

No comments:

Post a Comment