Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Scarf update

One of the minor perks of coming back home is having a rare chance to consolidate the stuff I've collected and see how much I actually have. Usually this is a sobering experience, reminding me I'm not nearly as good at avoiding accumulating stuff as I think I am, but it has its high points, too.

For example, I recently got all my scarves in one place for the first time. I do my best to get a scarf when I see a team play live as it serves both as a nice keepsake and, depending on the scarf, a useful garment in the cold. It also provides something of an informal travelogue amid all my globe-trotting.

The fruits of said globe-trotting are below the jump.


Click on the photo to see it full-size.
Scarves facing north-south (or up-down, if you prefer), from left: Ajax (Netherlands), AFC Wimbledon (England), Fulham (England), Al Jazira (UAE), United Arab Emirates, Persija Jakarta (Indonesia), Indonesia, Boston Breakers (NWSL), Wellington Phoenix (New Zealand, playing in Australia's A-League), Beijing Guoan (China), Urawa Reds (Japan), Kansas City Wizards (Major League Soccer), United States, Epic Americaness (from Love Thy Soccer).

Scarves facing west-east (or left-right), from top left: Yomiuri Giants (Nippon Professional Baseball), Hanshin Tigers (NPB), Hiroshima Carp (NPB), Seibu Lions (NPB), Tokyo Verdy (Japan), Kyoto Sanga (Japan), US-Poland friendly commemorative scarf.

Those aren't the only teams I've seen live, of course; those are just the ones whose scarves I've managed to collect. I'm missing the likes of the Yakult Swallows, Arema Malang, Persipura Jayapura, Al Wahda (though I do have a jersey), Al Ain, Washington Freedom, Atlanta Beat, and others.

Like I said on Twitter, it's a modest yet eclectic collection. Hopefully there are more to come in the future, but for now it's good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment